CT Consultants, Inc. is an innovative, growing, and reputable engineering consulting firm who has been providing clients award winning projects and ground-breaking solutions since 1922. We are currently seeking a vibrant, self –motivated Construction Engineer to join our team. The work involves the oversight and administration of highway and heavy construction projects for municipal, large government and private clients either individually and/or with assigned engineering, technical and inspection staff. The preferred candidate must possess strong management, interpersonal and communication skills and must be able to effectively address client, office, contractor, and staff issues as they arise. Ancillary duties may also include acting as a liaison to selected clients, preparation of proposals, and related activities.
This position is based in Mentor, OH.
Desired Skills and Experience
Preference will be given to candidates with significant Municipal and/or ODOT construction experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, required
- Registered Ohio Professional Engineer, required
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience, required
- Experience with municipal and/or large government entities
- Experience with MS Office software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Directing the efforts of assigned engineers, technicians, inspectors and administrative support staff relative to construction administration and observation work
- Providing technical guidance in recommending courses of action to the client regarding claims, clarifications, RFI’s, and similar construction matters
- Preparing and disseminating various types of documents associated with construction including but not limited to project progress reports, pay estimates, materials tracking documents, letters, memos, estimates, change orders and related items
- Preparing proposals for the provision of construction services including scoping documents, agreements and related items
- Establishing command and control protocols with the project stakeholders, monitoring the project schedule, communicating with the client and contractor, and providing direction to field and office staff as appropriate
What makes CT Consultants an exceptional place to work? We value our employees. CT supports your professional and personal growth, empowers you to work to your full potential, and leads by our core principles to drive our staff to excellence.
- Competitive base compensation
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid time to perform community services
- Company-paid membership to professional organizations
- Professional and personal development opportunities
Interested candidates should apply here or mail you resume to:
CT Consultants, Inc.
8150 Sterling Court
Mentor, Ohio 44060
Attn: Human Resource
Applicant must have a valid Ohio driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of insurance.