CT Consultants, Inc. is an innovative, growing, and reputable Engineering Consulting Firm who has been providing clients award winning projects and ground-breaking solutions since 1922. We are currently seeking a vibrant, self –motivated Construction Engineer to join our team. This position will be based out of our Mentor, OH office. The work involves the oversight and administration of highway and heavy construction projects for municipal, large government and private clients either individually and/or with assigned engineering, technical and inspection staff. The preferred candidate must possess strong management, interpersonal and communication skills and must be able to effectively address client, office, contractor, and staff issues as they arise. Ancillary duties may also include acting as a liaison to selected clients, preparation of proposals, and related activities.
- Directing the efforts of assigned engineers, technicians, inspectors and administrative support staff relative to construction administration and observation work
- Providing technical guidance in recommending courses of action to the client regarding claims, clarifications, RFI’s, and similar construction matters
- Preparing and disseminating various types of documents associated with construction including but not limited to project progress reports, pay estimates, materials tracking documents, letters , memos, estimates, change orders and related items
- Preparing proposals for the provision of construction services including scoping documents, agreements and related items
- Establishing command and control protocols with the project stakeholders, monitoring the project schedule, communicating with the client and contractor, and providing direction to field and office staff as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Registered Ohio Professional Engineer.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
- Experience with municipal and/or large government entities
- Experience with MS Office software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Preference will be given to candidates with significant Municipal and/or ODOT construction experience.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits program such as: medical, dental, prescription drug, 401(k) plan, life, and tuition reimbursement. Applicant must have a valid Ohio driver’s license, good driving record as well as proof of insurance.
Interested candidates can apply here or mail resume to:
CT Consultants, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
8150 Sterling Court
Mentor, OH 44060