The Construction Representative I is an hourly construction observation position in the Columbus, Ohio area. Work in this position includes observation, recording and quantification of construction work in the public and private sector including but not limited to highway heavy work, underground utility work, building construction and infrastructure improvement work. The work is conducted primarily outdoors and can occur in all seasons at varied locations. The work requires the ability to read and understand blueprints, contract specifications and to interact with clients, contractors and management.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license and provide proof of insurance to the limits required by Company Policy.
- Responsible for providing own transportation to and from work assignments.
- Basic knowledge of Personnel Computer operation including document and spreadsheet programs.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand blueprints and contract specifications
- Demonstrated ability to do basic geometry including calculations for lengths, widths, areas and volumes utilizing appropriate units and scaling factors.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a written narrative of work observed.
- Compliance with Company policies.
- 1-2 years as a construction observer or work in the construction trades.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Post High School education in engineering or a construction related field may be substituted for actual work experience.
- Retired ODOT or Government workers encouraged to apply.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Observe construction work as assigned.
- Record observations daily, manually or electronically, including but not limited to Labor, Material and Equipment utilized.
- Measure, quantify and record daily all installed work as outlined in the project plans and specifications.
- Monitor the work for compliance with the project plans, specifications and shop drawings. Advise the Contractor and Project manager of deficiencies in the work
What makes CT Consultants an exceptional place to work? We value our employees. CT supports your professional and personal growth, empowers you to work to your full potential, and leads by our core principles to drive our staff to excellence.
- Competitive base compensation
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid time to perform community services
- Company-paid membership to professional organizations
- Professional and personal development opportunities
Interested candidates should apply here or mail your resume to:
CT Consultants, Inc.
8150 Sterling Court
Mentor, Ohio 44060
Attn: Human Resource
Applicant must have a valid Ohio driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of insurance