CT Consultants is an innovative, growing, and reputable engineering, architecture, and planning consulting firm who has been providing clients award winning projects and ground-breaking solutions since 1922. We are currently seeking a vibrant, self –motivated Planner I to join our team. This position will be based out of our Mentor, OH office. This position will coordinate and/or perform all activities related to planning projects directly for clients and planning tasks in support of other company engineering studies and investigations.
- May assist in the preparation of various types of plans and studies, including land use plans, zoning codes and maps, redevelopment plans and economic development plans.
- Review or assist in the review of moderately difficult development proposals and site plans for conformance with codes, plans, and regulations.
- Develop planning studies and reports in support of new and updated plans, programs and regulations.
- Provide technical assistance in planning, zoning code consultation, community development plans, downtown plans and other related work.
- Perform field investigations of planning sites, neighborhoods and communities, as required.
- Identify grant funding sources, prepare and submit applications.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Planning from an accredited college or university
- Planning experience which has focused on a combination of experiences from the following list:
- Comprehensive planning
- Community or neighborhood revitalization and redevelopment
- Zoning services – amending zoning texts and maps; defending existing zoning and/or zoning changes; zoning administration; assisting property owners in securing zoning approvals.
- Reviewing privately submitted development plans for zoning compliance
- Must be versed on contemporary planning principles such as “smart planning and development” and “fostering healthy communities.”
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills a must – including presentations and being comfortable defending recommendations/positions at public meetings
- Working knowledge of computer mapping and preparing computer planning maps.
These positions offer a competitive base salary and benefits program which includes: medical, dental, prescription drug, 401(k) plan, life, and tuition reimbursement. Applicant must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License, good driving record as well as proof of insurance.
Interested candidates should apply here or mail your resume to:
CT Consultants, Inc.
8150 Sterling Court
Mentor, OH 44060
Attn: Human Resources