CT Consultants is an innovative, growing, and reputable engineering, architecture, and planning consulting firm who has been providing clients award winning projects and ground-breaking solutions since 1922. We are currently looking for a vibrant self-motivated Senior Planner to work from our Mentor, OH office that will be responsible for managing complex planning projects and rewrites of land development codes, coordinating inter-disciplinary project teams, technical development, and client management and relations. Potential projects may include county/local level comprehensive plans, neighborhood plans, downtown and community revitalization plans, corridor plans, park plans, and strategic plans.
Responsibilities also include:
- Preparing and making public and client presentations and facilitating public meetings and workshops, generally at evening meetings
- Conducting research and preparing reports on land use, physical, social & economic issues
- Conducting review of development plans to determine conformity with client’s local regulations
- Preparing expert opinions regarding development proposals, plan amendments, rezoning, and annexations on behalf of public or private clients
- Performing field inspections to gather data relevant to the project
- Writing proposals, developing budgets and schedules
- Engaging in client interactions
- Managing junior staff production time and mentoring/coaching junior staff
- A master’s degree in urban planning or related field, or a strong combination of city planning, physical design and public policy undergraduate and graduate level education.
- At least 8 years of comprehensive planning and land development code writing experience for multiple jurisdictions at a consulting firm or public entity (consulting experience is preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of the philosophies, principals, practices & techniques of city and rural planning and zoning, and of Ohio planning and land use laws
- Well-developed knowledge of one or more planning disciplines, such as land use, downtown revitalization, economic development, or urban design
- Knowledge of principles, methodology, practices of research and data collection
- Familiarity with urban planning graphics and mapping programs including GIS, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite (working knowledge of programs is preferred)
- Supervisory experience is required. AICP Certification is preferred.
This position offers a competitive base salary and excellent benefits program which includes: medical, dental, prescription drug, 401(k) plan, life, and tuition reimbursement. Applicant must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License, good driving record as well as proof of insurance.
Interested candidates should apply here or mail your resume to:
CT Consultants, Inc.
8150 Sterling Court
Mentor, OH 44060
Attn: Human Resources