CT Consultants, Inc. (CT) is seeking a vibrant, self-motivated Senior Planner who will be responsible for managing a variety of planning projects; rewrites of land development codes; technical development; and client management and relations. Projects typically include local-level comprehensive plans, neighborhood plans, downtown and community revitalization plans, corridor plans, park plans, strategic plans, and zoning code/land development code updates.
Examples of Work Performed by the Senior Planner
- Conduct research and prepare reports on existing conditions and trends, such as land use, physical, social & economic issues.
- Formulate land use policies and strategies that advance the goals of local community clients.
- Prepare and make public and client presentations and facilitate public meetings and workshops, generally at evening meetings.
- Conduct review of development plans to determine conformity with client’s local land development regulations.
- Assist in the preparation of expert reports on behalf of private development clients regarding development proposals.
- Prepare maps, charts, illustrations and other graphics to communicate research findings, analyses of existing conditions, land use concepts, policies, design guidelines, etc.
- Perform field inspections to gather relevant existing condition data.
- Engage in client interactions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning or related field with strong emphasis on city planning, physical design, and public policy (Master’s degree preferred).
- Minimum 6 years of comprehensive planning and land development code writing experience for multiple jurisdictions at a consulting firm or public entity (consulting experience is preferred); or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Advanced knowledge of the philosophies, principals, practices, and techniques of city and rural planning and zoning, and of Ohio planning and land use laws.
- Well-developed knowledge of one or more planning disciplines, such as land use, downtown revitalization, economic development, or urban design.
- Knowledge of principles, methodologies, and practices of research and data collection, including proficiency in the use of data analytic software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping, data management and analysis.
- Proficient with urban planning graphics programs including SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to work both independently and as a valued and contributing member of CT’s small planning team.
- AICP Certification, preferred.
What makes CT Consultants an exceptional place to work? Our talent-focused culture is intentionally designed to deliver the most robust and enriching professional experience for every CT employee. CT provides an optimal culture where our people can thrive, and we are committed to providing the rich, diverse environment and resources necessary to motivate and grow our people.
- Competitive base compensation
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company-paid time to perform community services
- Company-paid membership to professional organizations
- Professional and personal development opportunities