CT Consultants, Inc. is an innovative, growing, and trusted Engineering Consulting Firm who has been providing clients with award winning projects and inspired solutions since 1922. We are currently seeking a proven professional to work on various projects within our Transportation Market. The Senior Traffic Engineer will have demonstrated leadership and technical experience in Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) and municipal projects. Shaping our communities and infrastructure by leveraging their skills and through their commitment to the client and the team, our employees will experience a fulfilling and enriching professional career through our organizational focus on Passion, People, and Potential.
This position can be based in any of our Ohio offices.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, required
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Ohio PE License, required. P.T.O.E. preferred.
- MicroStation/Geopak/OpenRoads and/or AutoCad/Civil 3D
- Other design-related software such as SignCad and AutoTurn
- HCS, Synchro/Simtraffic, VISSIM, TransModeler, SIDRA, Rodel
- Travel demand modeling is a plus
- Basic or advanced GIS capabilities
- Knowledge of MUTCD policies and procedures
- Must have strong communication skills and be team-oriented
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide engineering design and planning for intersection and roadway traffic modelling, roundabout design, and traffic signal design
- Provide engineering design for the preparation of maintenance of traffic plans.
- Produce and review traffic impact studies, safety studies, and traffic forecasting
- Leads design team to meet project scope, schedule, and budget objectives
- Establishes guidelines for cost estimates. Reviews and approves estimates prepared by others
- Function as Project Manager and demonstrating strong team, communication, and organization abilities
- Assure project understanding, approach, and technology fully addresses client, regulatory, and best practices technical issues
- Independently develop projects. May be assigned as subject matter expert.
What makes CT Consultants an exceptional place to work? We value our employees. CT supports your professional and personal growth, empowers you to work to your full potential, and leads by our core principles to drive our staff to excellence.
- Competitive base compensation
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid time to perform community services
- Company-paid membership to professional organizations
- Professional and personal development opportunities