CT Consultants (CT) is a rapidly growing firm that provides engineering, architecture and planning services, and we are looking for a Traffic Engineer to join our Cincinnati, OH team. The individual in this position must have a passion for Traffic Engineering and Operations. This position provides support to the design team and documents multimodal transportation analysis for efforts ranging from small municipal projects to large, complex system interchanges. This Traffic Engineer will use and direct the use of analytical tools and software to perform transportation analyses and leads the development of study reports.
This position can be based in any of our Ohio offices.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS in Civil Engineering, required
- 3-10 years of relevant experience with traffic engineering, required
- EIT/PE registration, required; PTOE, preferred
- Must have a passion for Traffic Engineering and Operations.
- Proficiency with or strong desire to learn HCS, Synchro/Simtraffic, VISSIM, TransModeler, SIDRA, Rodel
- Experience with and understanding of traffic signal system operation
- Experience with traffic design, including signal design/timing
- Experience with CAD software, with emphasis on MicroStation and AutoCAD
- Basic or advanced GIS capabilities
- Experience with transportation safety analysis
- Proven ability to interact with clients
- Experience leading or supporting proposal development
- Analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Traffic operational analysis using both microsimulation and deterministic models
- Traffic design, including Advanced Traffic Signal Controllers (ATC) traffic signal/systems, signing/marking, lighting, roundabouts, Advanced Transportation Management Systems (ATMS) and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
- Roadway design
- Traffic Impact Studies
- Safety Studies
- Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) planning and analysis
- Highway/roadway safety analyses
- Multimodal analysis; bicycle and pedestrian studies
- Support for transportation planning efforts
- Corridor studies
- Traffic engineering studies such as speed studies, signal warrants, parking studies, access management, travel time, traffic impact studies, etc.
- Supporting proposal development for traffic-engineering pursuits
What makes CT Consultants an exceptional place to work? We value our employees. CT supports your professional and personal growth, empowers you to work to your full potential, and leads by our core principles to drive our staff to excellence.
- Competitive base compensation
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid time to perform community services
- Company-paid membership to professional organizations
- Professional and personal development opportunities