CT Consultants (CT) is a rapidly growing firm that provides engineering, architecture and planning services. We are looking for Water Resources Crew Member to join our team.
The technical-minded individual is a “hands-on” type self-starter and problem solver. Performs daily field tasks, gathers data, interacts with equipment manufacturers/CT project team members/client representatives/general public, performs installations and maintenance of equipment, performs sampling and testing, and has an attention to detail concerning the development and acquisition of data to support wastewater and storm water planning and design projects. Communicates actual field conditions to Design Engineers by recording, documenting, or sketching of special structures. Construction-oriented individuals will thrive in this role.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and/or performs flow monitoring crew activities for the installation, maintenance, calibration, and repair of flow monitoring
- Communicate installation details to the Flow Monitoring Coordinator
- Observe and adjust for conditions which may affect monitoring accuracy or reporting
- Prepare complete and accurate installation reports and submit them to the flow Monitoring Coordinator on a timely basis.
- Log the condition of each meter and schedule preventive maintenance to insure accurate data
- Responsible to know the use and function of each piece of equipment.
- Know appropriate installation and set-up procedures for all field equipment used in each assignment
- Responsible to establish and enforce safety parameters of the work area, the crew, the vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Function as a crew member in a variety of tasks; e.g., manhole inspection, smoke testing, dye testing, sewer system investigation, flow monitoring, sampling, drainage system inspection, condition assessment, erosion control inspection, and operation and maintenance of small wastewater plants and lift stations
- Document tasks performed, using appropriate field forms; hand sketching of special structures; or other appropriate documentation procedures
- Perform confined space entries as the “Entrant” or “Entry Supervisor”, including the ability to learn and be trained in OSHA Regulated Confined Space Entry Program within three (3) months of initiation of employment
- Responsible for appropriate safety decisions regarding confined space entry
- Ability to read, understand and explain engineering design prints
Assignment, Review, and Approval of Work
- Assignments: Market Leader, Talent Leader, and/or Client Solutions Manager
- Review/approval: Project specific task-leader, as assigned by Market Leader, Talent Leader, or Client Solutions Manger
Responsibility and Decision-Making Authority
- Make operational decisions regarding installation location of samplers, flow monitors, rain gauges and data loggers, depending on weather and/or site conditions.
- Make operational decisions regarding equipment failure and breakdown determining the best possible solution to the problem
- Summarization of field notes in recording observations
- Confined space entry permit observations
- Completion of various field investigation forms
- Automatic Wastewater Samplers
- Soldering gun
- Computer (Laptop)
- Battery chargers
- Computerized flow monitors
- Cordless drill/hand tools
- Data loggers
- Soldering connection repair
- Rain gauges
- Replace microchips/switches
- Smoke blower
- Battery replacement
- pH and temperature meters
- Equipment modification
- Velocity meter
- Surcharge indicators
- Tripod and safety harness
- Gas detection meter
Relations with others
- Project-related communication with Project Engineers, Supervisors, and Drafters
- Supervision of crew members
- Communication with public, public officials, et. al. related to daily job functions
Difficulty factors of Positon
- Assuring all equipment needed for job is operational and available, especially for last minute changes
- Ability to resolve equipment breakdowns in the field
- Verbal instructions from supervisors or other personnel involved with project often conflict as to what needs to be accomplished in the field
- Physical conditions involved in field work
- QA/QC of samples
- Associates Degree in Engineering Technology or Technically Related Field
- 1-2 years related experience; or some technical school and 3 years of directly related engineering/construction experience
What makes CT Consultants an exceptional place to work? We value our employees. CT supports your professional and personal growth, empowers you to work to your full potential, and leads by our core principles to drive our staff to excellence.
- Competitive base compensation
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid time to perform community services
- Company-paid membership to professional organizations
- Professional and personal development opportunities
Interested candidates should visit our website at www.ctconsultants.com to apply, or mail you resume to the address below:
CT Consultants, Inc.
8150 Sterling Court
Mentor, Ohio 44060
Attn: Human Resource
Applicant must have a valid Ohio driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of insurance.